There are so many people I have to thank for standing by me, supporting and helping me since my diagnosis.
- My mum who has turned her house upside down to accommodate me and who drives me all over in her car and visits me every day when I’m in hospital
- My daughters: Bianca for taking control, coming to visit every day and Michaela for working on my health and my mind. I can feel their unlimited love
- Nigel for always visiting in hospital and standing by Bianca
- My sisters for visiting, bringing gifts, caring, advice and hospital visits
- Friends and family: Ida, Johanna, Johan, my mum’s friends and many more people
- Work colleagues, all your individual messages and the flowers I received were very touching and much appreciated
- Carola for the unsuspecting “hi” messages with Bjorn photos attached
- Heather, for the lovely home cooked meals I received in hospital
- Margaret, my friend from years ago who helped me to offload and kept me sane all the way from the UK
- Gabriel, for referring me to Dr Spies
- Arie, for supporting and pulling the girls closer
- Ilene and Maria for helping to pack up my house
- Dorothy for taking Mushee
- For those I did not specifically mention here, I appreciate everyone’s contribution and concern.